Search This Blog

Monday, June 7, 2010

You say it's your birthday

It's my pooch's birthday today!!!! He is two years old. We don't have money to buy a bunch of toys this year so I baked him a doggy cake. Yeah, I am that kind of pet owner. Hootch was around when I lost the baby so I kind of turned my nurturing to him. He is our child. And he is hardly just a dog. This boy has more personality than a lot of people I have met. He pouts. He understands what I say. He sleeps on our pillows and under our covers. He's my baby. So this cake I baked him, I found it on a website. I will post the website on the sidebar here in case anyone wants to do the same. It's a peanut butter carrot cake. He tasted the batter and seems to have liked it. It's in the oven right now. I can't wait to put it down in front of him and see what he does. Lol. I think today is my Grandpa's birthday, too. He is the only Grandparent I have that is still alive. His wife and I had a falling out, I guess you could say. She disowned me over some stupid shit when I was 18. She was a cold-hearted woman that never liked me the way I was so it didn't really bother me that she didn't want to be in my life. What hurt is because of her disassociation with my sister and I, Grandpa disassociated himself, as well. Belva (my Grandpa's wife) died a few years ago. I wasn't upset. When I got the phone call, I was asleep (and late for work) I answered, got the news, hung up and I actually breathed a sigh of relief before rolling over and going back to sleep. Is that cruel? I don't think it is. She didn't like me anyway. I miss my Grandpa, though. He was a cool guy. I wish I was still in contact with him. I could call him, but he has a daughter that lives with him that doesn't like me either. I've tried all the "people connect" sites, can't find him. I could just say to hell with her and call anyway. Suppose I should. Well, Hootch's cake just came out of the oven and it's soooo cute!! I'm gonna ice it with something. Not sure what yet. I'm off to celebrate my pooch's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you wanna!!