Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

PCOS and me

So what I have read and understand about PCOS is that I am insulin resistant and should stay away from starches and sugars.... can you say high fat high protein diet? I about fell in the floor. My whole life I have stayed away from those categories simply because they do take so long to break down and if it isn't used it is stored. Well apparently my body needs me to eat things that take a long time to break down because otherwise the insulin would just turn into fat and be stored???? As you can tell, I am still very confused by all of this. Apparently weight loss with PCOS is a bitch! But, since my last doctor appointment on May 17th, I have lost 3 pounds. My body looks more curvy and womanly and my boobs have gotten bigger. Like a whole cup size bigger. I didn't think that was a side effect, but my hubby isn't complaining.
Doc Greene prescribed me Clomid. Basically when he came into the exam room he said you have a disorder called PCOS and you have 2 choices. Either you want to have kids or you do not want to have kids. If you don't want to have kids, we will put you on birth control which will force your body and hormones to do what they have refused to do. If you do want to have kids, we will put you on Clomid. I of course said I wanted to have kids. So I took my first cycle of Clomid- which is 5 pills taken one a day during your period to force ovulation. So once again, we wait. I have felt sicker than... I don't know what. But I have been pretty sick.
Anyone thinking they may try Clomid, be aware you are about to be on an emotional roller coaster that you would gladly sit out if you could. I was sad, I was mean, I was okay, I was happy, I was mad and then it started all over again. It has been horrible!! But, the way I am eating, this medication and exercise (yes, I AM exercising) should bring my hormone levels back to good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you wanna!!