Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

It's been several hours and.....

No, I'm not gonna break into song. It's been a few days. I've had visions of positive pee tests dancing in my head. Although I can't be sure that we have conceived, I have an unshakable hunch that we did. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. It's very hard to do. What sucks is the waiting. I'm not the most patient person in the world. It hasn't even been a week since ovulation, and it feels like a month. Apparently the two week wait is an eternity. Before losing the baby last year, we knew we were pregnant for about ten days. Those ten days seemed to have taken a long time. I have a ton of memories of that time. Like my first real aversion to food. I had bought some dill pickle flavored Pringles because I love pickle flavored chips. I had one and almost threw up. We had not even taken a pee test at that point. I remember peeing on the stick- I think it was the next night- and I wasn't thinking I would be. I set it down on the counter to flush. When I looked at it again, there were two pink lines. I couldn't believe it. I picked it up to look closer like maybe my eyes were lying to me. Nope, no lie, I was pregnant. My husband was so excited. We called everyone we knew. Looking back, I know God knew what he was doing. We couldn't have supported the pregnancy. We both went to school 30 hours a week. Larry wasn't working- he had just quit his job. I only worked 1 day a week for $200 a month. Me and that kid would have been starving. That's not to say I don't still hurt from the loss. I was pretty sure that one was a girl. Call it momma's intuition. At this point, I am hopeful. I've had a pretty powerful group of young ladies praying for this time around. Now all I can do is wait.

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way after i got my positive. I took it by myself just to see, I didn't think it would be positive but it was. I called Seth and he was soooo excited. I just hope that can happen again and have a successful pregnancy.

    I REALLY hope you guys conceive this time. I know how it feels to get those negs and feel empty even if it wasn't there. :(

    Good luck girl!!! I'll be praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linz! Not that time around, but we're still hopeful. And I'll be praying for you guys, too. I knowwhat you have been through and I can't imagine how hard it is. Good luck and baby dust while ya practice! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Say what you wanna!!